Wednesday, May 6, 2009

The Beautiful Dominican Republic






Jeremy and I really wanted to go on a trip to celebrate his upcoming graduation from UNLV's School of Dental Medicine. We were having a hard time figuring out where a good place would be to go and that also wouldn't break the bank. We ended up looking online at Costco.com at their travel section and found a 9 nights/10 day deal to the Dominican Republic. That sounded pretty exotic to me....the breathtaking Caribbean sea, white sandy beaches, not far from the U.S., a nicely secluded all-inclusive resort and......no children. Let me rephrase, other people had children, we did not. The resort was called The Majestic Colonial located in Punta Cana which is on the easternmost side of the country. It was so nice to be just the two of us and to relax before we were thrown back into a frenzy with graduation and our move to Dallas. Some fun things we were able to do besides admire all the topless beachcombers, JUST KIDDING!, were to go deep sea fishing which Jeremy had an absolute blast doing because he was lucky enough to catch a 30lb. yellow-fin tuna while I was puking over the side of the boat. We also went para-sailing which I was kind of silently freaking out about. I'm not a huge heights fan. As soon as we were all the way up, I was holding on for dear life and wondering what would happen to our boys when we didn't come home. :) On the other hand, Jeremy was right behind me having all sorts of fun, of course, and filming the resort and landscape with our camera which we had to sneak up there. Now I know why they don't want you to take cameras/video recorders with you. THEY GET RUINED! Luckily we brought 2 cameras with us. Last, but not least, I convinced Jer to get a pedicure with me and a couples massage. The rest of the time we soaked up the sun, read books, ate great food, played ping-pong, slept in, etc. I can't wait to go on another trip with my honey! And with the kids, of course!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

I love all these updates! I have been wondering how you two have been. We need to really catch up soon! My brother served his mission in the DR and loved it. He also took his wife there for their honeymoon. It is so beautiful. Glad you guys had fun! I am dying for a vacation like that! :)